We are looking for an imaginative Freelance concept artist to develop and visualize ideas for our games and applications. In this role, you will consult with the creative team, interpret the concepts for the project, and translate the briefs into visual artworks.
December 2021 to June 2022
- • Collaborating with the project team to brainstorm and interpret the project brief.
• Interpreting initial ideas and creating quick sketch drafts for review.
• Creating detailed concept designs in a variety of mediums specific to the brief
• Ability to create storyboards to tell conceptual animation stories
• Researching relevant project material including translation styles, characters, and similar projects.
• Presenting concepts, research, and references to the project team.
• Participating in feedback consultations and noting changes.
• Developing characters, environments, props, and designs based on feedback.
• Keeping up to date with the latest design trends and advancements in technology.
• A portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability.
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a concept artist or graphic designer preferred.
• Excellent sketching abilities for rough conceptualization.
• Proficient in a variety of digital 2D software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator
• Ability to deliver high-quality artwork against tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpretation abilities.
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
• Willingness to learn new software programs and tools.
• Must be eligible to work in United States
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
Preference to Applicants with:
About the Company
Decoy Games, LLC is a video game company founded by two brothers, who had no prior professional game development experience. They used their deep passion for video games and extensive imagination to start building Decoy Games, LLC.
Today, Decoy Games, LLC is a multi-award winning game company focused on creating unique game experiences, merchandise and content while also using their platform to encourage innovation across all aspects of the game industry.